Stainless Steel Ball Valve - Technical Specifications
- Pressure Rating: Rated at 1000 PSI (PN63) Making them suitable for everyday application in most industries.
- Suitable Material: WOG, Includes Water, Oil and Gas type substances. Good for any substances that are compatable with Stainless Steel and Teflon (PTFE)
- Seals: PTFE (Teflon)
- Threads: Female NPT (Female National Pipe Thread)
- Full Port: Full Bore Valve (ID remains the same as the pipe)
- Casting: Investment Casting (AD2000-WO)
- Handle: Blow-Out Proof Stem with locking device
- Approvals: CE0035
- Dimention Standards: According to DIN299/259; ISO228-1; JIS B0203; ISO7/1 (Threads: ASME B1.20.1 BS21)
- Inspections and Testing: Acording to EN12266-1, AP1598
Two Piece Ball Valve:
Also called a two-way ball valve, since it allows flow straight through from both directions. The 2 piece ball valve is a full port valve, which means the ID of the pipe remains constant through out once the valve is installed in line. These are the most widely used in all industries due to their low cost, ease of use and durability. No tooling is needed and they can thread directly onto the pipe.
Material components of a Two Piece Ball Valve:
- The valve body is Stainless Steel 316 (CF8/CF8M)
- Seals are Teflon (PTFE)
- Non wetted parts are SS304.
General Dimentions of a Two Piece Ball Valve:
- The size of the pipe determins the size of the ball valve required. ( 2" Pipe will need a 2" ball valve etc)
- These threaded ball valves require no tools to install. (The Female NPT of the valve will screw directly onto a Pipe with Male NPT )
Three Piece Ball Valve:
The destinctive feature of this valve is that it can be easily taken apart for cleaning. By loosening 4 bolts the body separates into three parts. This allows one to leave the ball valve threaded in its current application while just removing the ball valve portion. Widely used in the food and beverage industry and other applications where cleaning is required.
Material components of a Stainless Three Piece Ball Valve:
- All parts of the valve that touch the medium being moved are Stainless steel (316) and Teflon (PTFE)
- Compatable with any substance sutable to be used with Stainless Steel and PTFE
General Dimentions of a Three Piece Ball Valve:
- The body of this valve is divided into 3 segments held together by nuts, bolts and pipe nipples.
- Two sections have threads and the center portion contains the ball valve.
- The Center portion can be removed, leaving the other two ends still connect to the pipe for easy access without having to unscrew the whole ball valve.