Stainless Steel Ball Valves
Stainless Steel Ball Valves were added to our product line to complement our Camlock Couplings. They are a standard product all made to a similar size and specification, used in industrial applications as well as for more general utility purposes wherever flow needs to be controlled. This includes the chemical and petrochemical, the food and beverage, plumbing, construction, mining as well as the Water, Oil and Gas (WOG) industries. Our Stainless Ball Valves are manufactured in High Grade Stainless Steel 316 (SS304 Available in the 2 piece and also upon request). Also referred to as a SS Ball Valve or Ball Valves Stainless Steel. Ball Valve Suppliers please call for discounted pricing.
● No joints for leaks to occur, robust, durable and the most cost effective alternative
● Standard Port (Reduced Port) Threaded Ball Valve
● The most widely used style, available in light and heavy versions
● Full Port Threaded Ball Valve
● Designed to be taken apart for easy cleaning
● Full Port Threaded Ball Valve
Stainless Ball Valve Features:
- ● 1000 PSI (WOG: Water, Oil Gas)
- ● Full Port (2 pc & 3 pc)
- ● Threaded Ball Valve (FNPT Threads)
- ● PTFE Seals and Seats
- ● Blow out Proof Handle Stem
- ● Handle with Locking Lever
Stainless Steel Ball Valve Advantages:
- ● Almost No Pressure Drop - Flow unrestricted through the valve.
- ● Valve can be used quickly - Only requires a 1/4 of a turn to activate.
- ● Low to no Maintenance costs - Making these valve relatively inexpensive.
- ● Virtually no chance of leakage - Ball seals very well in seat.
- ● Requires no Lubrication.
How to Size a Threaded Ball Valve:
- ● The size of the pipe that the valve will thread onto determines the size of the ball valve required.
- ● So a 1” Ball Valve Stainless will thread into a 1” Pipe and a 2" Valve will fit a 2" Pipe, and so on.
What is a Ball Valve Used For ?
- 1) Whenever flow needs to be controlled and a simple "on" flow or "off" flow is required.
- ● SS Ball valves are used if flow needs to be shut off. This allows pipes or hoses to be disconnected without any spillage.
- 2) Flow Rate control
- ● By partially opening or closing the valve flow rate can also be regulated
How Does a Ball Valve Work ?
- ● A hollow bored out pivoting ball is turned with a handle thus controlling the flow through it.
- ● When the handle is running parallel to the valve, flow is open, and when the handle it at right angles to the pipe, flow is closed.
- ● Also called a quarter turn ball valve, since the handle only has to be turned 90 Degree's to open or close flow.
● When the handle is inline with the ball valve and pipe, flow is open, and when it is at right angles to the valve and pipe, then flow is closed.
The Difference Between 1-Piece, 2-Piece and 3-Piece Ball Valves.
- ● A 1-Piece Ball Valve has a body made out of one piece and therefore it has no joints.
- ● This one-piece design reduces the chance of any leaks.
- ● This is a standard port or reduced port ball valve, which mean the line size will be one size smaller in the valve body.
- ● Being such a simple design makes the 1-Piece valve a robust as well as a low cost option.
- ● They are generally not repaired since they are inexpensive.
- ● The 2 piece is the most commonly used valve and it has one body joint making it a two piece design.
- ● The two piece body also allows this valve to be manufactured with a larger ball making this a full bore valve.
- ● Being a Full Port Ball Valve means the ID of the pipe remains constant throught the body of the valve resulting in no pressure drop.
- ● These are the most widely used of the threaded ball valves and can be serviced.
- ● The 3 piece, having 3 body sections, can be taken apart the quickest and with the most ease.
- ● By loosening the body bolts the valve divides into 3 sections leaving the threaded portions still connected to the pipe,
- ● This allows you to remove the center portion containing the ball for easy servicing and cleaning.
- ● The obvious advantage here is that you do not have to remove the whole valve from the application for cleaning; you can just take the center portion leaving the other two sections still threaded to your system.